List of Accepted Special Sessions has been announced
Please visit the Special Sessions web page.
Call for Special Sessions (CLOSED)
The ICIP 2020 technical program will highlight a series of Special Sessions to complement the regular program with emerging topics of particular interest to the image-processing community.
Prospective organizers of Special Sessions should submit proposals with the following information:
- A title for the Special Session and the names of the organizers;
- Brief biographies of the session organizer(s) and their contact information;
- A brief description of the session (max 250 words), indicating the novelty of the topic and possible interdisciplinary flavor;
- List of six (6) contributed papers (including titles, authors, contact information of the corresponding author, and a short abstract). Upon acceptance of the special session proposal, the contributed papers will be submitted in the same format as regular papers. Organizers should not contribute more than one paper.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic as well as the qualifications of the organizers and authors of the contributed papers.
The papers in each accepted Special Session will undergo a review process, similar to the regular papers. It is the responsibility of the organizers to ensure that their Special Session papers meet ICIP-quality standards. In case a paper in a Special Session does not meet the expected quality, it will be rejected and an effort will be made to draw papers from the regular submission process to fill in the gap. If too many papers for a given Special Session are not accepted in the review process and we are unable to find suitable substitutes from the regular review pool, the Special Session may be canceled.
Any further inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
- Special Session Proposals Due: November 30, 2019
- Notification of Special Session Acceptance: December 15, 2019
- Submission of full-length papers: January 31, 2020
- Special Session Proposal: Submission Form Template – PDF Format
- Special Session Proposal: Submission Form Template – Word Format
Proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.