Call for Challenge Sessions
Following up on the successful challenge sessions organized during ICIP 2019, we are organizing the 2020 Challenge Sessions with new and more exciting problems that aim at engaging the image and video processing research community.
Proposals for Challenge Sessions are sought in all areas of image and video processing, imaging systems, pattern recognition and computer vision. This year, we would particularly focus on proposals that represent the real-world challenges related to industry and technology use for everyday life. We encourage proposers to interact and get the support of interested industry partners or major university research labs that may sponsor such challenges (though a sponsorship is not required).
ICIP 2020 will organize a special session where the winners present their solutions and receive a recognition certificate. The corresponding accepted papers will also be published in the ICIP 2020 Proceedings.
A proposal for Challenge Sessions must contain the following:
- Challenge title
- Brief introduction about the challenge
- Significance of the Challenge
- Rules for participation
- Criteria of judging a submission
- Data sets should be made available
- Team that will run the Challenge
- Dates (e.g., submission deadline, data available, and winner announcement)
- Awards proposed, if any
- Sponsorship, if any
- Challenge Session Proposals due: November 30, 2019
- Notification of Challenge Session Acceptance: December 15, 2019
All proposals shall be submitted via email to email@example.com before deadline.