3 Minute Thesis Competition
Final at Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 5-7 PM
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is a research communication competition developed by The University of Queensland (UQ) which challenges research higher degree students to present a compelling oration on their thesis and its significance in just three minutes in language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
The virtual competition rules are available at https://threeminutethesis.uq.edu.au/virtual-competition-rules.
A shortlist of 7 finalists will be selected by the jury and announced on October 4, 2020 to compete in the final contest at ICIP 2020 on October 25, 2020.
Active PhD and Professional Doctorate (Research) candidates who have successfully passed their confirmation milestone (including candidates whose thesis is under submission) by the closing date for entries (September 15, 2020) are eligible to participate in this 3MT competition. PhD graduates are not eligible.
- Create a video that best explains your work in a language appropriate to a signal processing general audience. The video should not be strictly longer than 3 minutes.
- Design a single static PowerPoint about your work. No slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description are allowed. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the presentation. The slide and your presentation must be in English.
- Follow the remaining instructions available at https://threeminutethesis.uq.edu.au/virtual-competition-rules. Upload your video and documents to https://cmsworkshops.com/ICIP2020/Papers/Submission.asp?Type=3MT that is accessible by the evaluation committee. Make sure you include a title, 1-page abstract/summary, name, affiliation and a link to the video.
- Submission Deadline: September 15, 2020
- Notification of Finalists: October 4, 2020
- Live Presentations: ICIP 2020, October 25, 2020 at 5-7 PM Gulf Standard Time (UTC +4)
The winner(s) will be selected to receive a cash prize.
|Gozde Akar-Chair (Middle East Technical University)||Jorge Dias – Co-Chair (Khalifa University),||Jorge Batista (University of Coimbra)||Naoufel Werghi (Khalifa University)|
Jorge Dias (KU) , Gozde Akar (METU).